giovedì 27 febbraio 2014

JOHNNY CASH - Folsom Prison Blues






I hear the train a comin' 
it's rolling round the bend 
and I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when, 
I'm stuck in Folsom prison, and time keeps draggin' on 
but that train keeps a rollin' on down to San Anton.. 
When I was just a baby my mama told me. Son, 
always be a good boy, don't ever play with guns. 
But I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die 
now every time I hear that whistle I hang my head and cry.. 

I bet there's rich folks eating in a fancy dining car 
they're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars. 
Well I know I had it coming, I know I can't be free 
but those people keep a movin' 
and that's what tortures me... 

Well if they'd free me from this prison, 
if that railroad train was mine 
I bet I'd move just a little further down the line 
far from Folsom prison, that's where I want to stay 
and I'd let that lonesome whistle blow my blues away.....

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento